General Data Protection Regulations
PRIVACY STATEMENT VERSION 1.3 - 2018
THE DATA WE COLLECT
Like millions of other websites we use Google Analytics on this website.
Google Analytics is software that stores non-identifiable data about our visitors to help us make better decisions about how we structure the site and present information to you.
WHAT DOES GOOGLE ANALYTICS RECORD?
- What website you came from to get here.
- How long you stay for.
- What kind of device you're using.
- And quite a bit more about how you navigate and use the site.
We use Google Analytics to measure how users interact with the site to improve performance and functionality. This includes limited information from the Google Display network which provides anonymous aggregated data which may include gender and general interests information. These can be used by us and our web developer, Media Links Online Ltd., to better understand our visitors and improve the performance of the site to better suit your needs (for example so we can analyse performance and develop appropriate on-site offers for products and our services)
We do not use any of the anonymous aggregated data to retarget you on other sites or with personalised advertising outside of this site
If you wish to know more about what Google Display Ad Services, only some of which are used and then only within this site you can read more about Google advertising technologies
If you wish to change what information is used for measuring your interaction with the site then you can edit your settings on what is included and tracked by editing Google Display ad tracking for your Google account
If you want to opt out of all Google Analytics tracking you can alter the settings on your browser to block or implement any no-follow functionality it may provide. Please be aware this impacts your Google account as a whole so this may impair your Search experience with Google and deliver less appropriate results, as your previous search history and interaction with any advertising will not be used to tailor location, search results or advertising that you see to your interests.
To make this opt-out simpler Google provide a tool for their Chrome browser and most leading browsers.
If you wish to adjust your consumer opt-out preferences for other members of the Network Advertising Initiative, to adjust settings for other companies besides Google you can edit your preferences for other companies here.
Please note these are third party tools and we cannot ensure the functionality of these opt-out tools with your browser and personal settings.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR DATA?
We do not merge personally-identifiable information (for example information from any orders placed with us) with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product or analytics feature.
We take your privacy seriously and we will not combine anyanonymised data with order information in future without providing clear noticeof the intent to introduce this, in advance and with the User's prioraffirmative (i.e. opt-in) consent to that merger.
We do request personal information such as your name, youremail address (if you opt to provide your personal email address). We need tocollect this information during the purchase process to communicate with youand to deliver to you our products. You are under no obligation to provide anypersonal data if you don't want to, so once this information is used we willdelete it if you have chosen to opt out.
We also use personal information for purposes ofadministering and expanding our business activities, providing customer serviceand making available other products and services to our customers andprospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collectto notify you about important changes to our web site, new services and specialoffers we think you will find valuable. If you choose to opt out of receivingany such communications from us, please let us know by email and we willrespect your decision.
We also collect aggregate information from all web sitevisitors. This aggregate data is used to customise our web content to deliver abetter experience for our users and will in no way personally identify you. Weonly get average anonymised statistics and do not disclose or share this datawith third parties – except of course Google who are the ones who provide thisdata. The tracking information allows us to better understand the kind ofpeople who come to the site and what content they're consuming. This helps usto make better decisions about products, design and content.
All of this activity falls within the bounds of the Google Analytics Terms of Service.
USE OF IP ADDRESS
An IP address is a number that's automatically assigned toyour computer whenever you're surfing the web. Web servers automaticallyidentify your computer by its IP address. On occasions, we collect IP addressesfor the purposes of system administration, to analyse aggregate information,and to audit the use of our site.
||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
We may also use anonymous identifiers which tracks users when ever they interact with our site. This may include the browser they are using and the operating system in use.
To provide website visitors the ability to prevent their data from being used by Google Analytics you can download an 'opt-out' tool from here
|Click here for an overview of privacy at Google
||This cookie is used to record that users have viewed the website. This cookie expires when you close your browser.||Visit the Microsoft website|
|AddThis jQuery Plugin||
These cookies perform various roles;
|Visit the AddThis Website|
||These cookies are used to enhance your experience when browsing a site. They remember which tabs you last looked at and takes you to them when you return. This cookie expires after 24 hours.||jQuery UI Cookie Implementation|
USE OF CLEAR GIFS
We may acquire information about individuals from othersources and add such information to our house files.
We will not publish, give, sell or rent your information to anyone, ever. However, we reserve the right to disclose user information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Our rights or property, other users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. We also reserve the right to disclose user information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES / "PUBLIC" AREAS
You should be aware that when you are on our web site, you could be directed to other sites that are beyond our control. There are links to other sites from our web site pages that take you outside our service. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data or solicit personal information. The privacy policies of these other sites may significantly differ from that of us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any other sites and cannot guarantee the security of any of your personal information collected there.
Protecting the security of all personally-identifiable information associated with our guests is of the utmost concern to us. Once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable precautions to ensure its security on our systems. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of our users' personal information and maintain their privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of such personal information.
We do not knowingly collect information from minors. If you are under 18, please do not provide any personal information to us.
ACCESS TO YOUR OWN DATA
To be provided with a copy of your own personal data that we collect online and maintain in our database, and to contest and correct inaccuracies, or request that your personal data be deleted, please send an email and we will respond quickly. To unsubscribe from future mailouts, simply send us an email with "unsubscribe" as the subject, or use the unsubscribe link in each mailout, and we will take you off the list.
GDPR STATEMENT - 2018
WE MAY COLLECT, STORE AND USE THE FOLLOWING KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- Information that you provide to us when registering for our email updates (including your email address)
- Information that you provide when completing an online request (including your name, gender, date of birth and any educational details and employment details you provide)
- Information that you provide to us when signing up to any distribution lists to receive correspondence.
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, including any other transaction details made via any of our websites (including your address, telephone number and payment details)
PERSONAL DATA WE RECEIVE WILL BE USED FOR THE PURPOSES IT WAS PROVIDED, INCLUDING:
- Meeting the terms of your order
- Sending statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you.
- Sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter)
- Providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information)
WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY OF OUR STAFF, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS OR SUBCONTRACTORS WHERE IT WOULD BE REASONABLE TO DO SO.
(If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY MEMBER OF OUR GROUP OF COMPANIES WHERE IT WOULD BE REASONABLE TO DO SO
(If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
WE MAY BE LEGALLY OBLIGED TO DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information]
- We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information
- We will store all the personal data you provide on our secure computer servers
- All details of financial transactions entered via our website will be protected by encryption technology.
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request
- Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law
- If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible
- If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible
- Our Data Protection Officer is Naomi Estall. Any Data Protection issues can be directed to Naomi Estall, Digital Marketing Executive via email@example.com
WHY ARE WE UPDATING OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT?
As you may be aware, a new piece of legislation has been enforced by the European Union called The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and we have updated our privacy statement to reflect that.
WHAT IS THE GDPR?
The GDPR is a regulation intended to strengthen data protection for everyone within the European Union (EU). The GDPR requires greater transparency from companies on how they collect, store and use personal data, while also imposing tighter limits on the use of personal data and ensuring clarity on when consent should be given.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We collect your name, phone number, email address, delivery address, payment information, location data, IP address, social identifiers, data provided by cookies and other similar technologies, functional data such as registration and system data, as well as additional usage data, for instance, performance and activity information. Some of these may not apply to you as it is dependent on the pages you visit and your actions whilst there.
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR INFORMATION?
We use data to communicate with you, for example, informing you about your account, new products or services available, security and other types of updates. We also use your to fulfil any orders placed on shop.crescentmoto.uk and to help us improve our online experience for you.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION USED?
We use data for the following purposes:
- Customer Support
- Security, Safety, and Dispute Resolution
- Product Performance Analysis
- Communication and Marketing
- Fulfilling customer's orders on shop.crescentmoto.uk
DO WE SELL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
No. We never have. And we never will.
CAN YOU OPT OUT OF SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH US?
Yes, you can opt out of submitting certain types of personal information to us by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Certain types of data that we collect are a necessity in order for us to fulfil a customer's request, this is known as legitimate interest.
HOW DO YOU DELETE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FROM CRESCENT MOTORCYCLES AND WHAT ARE THE CONSEQUENCES?
Just send us an email to email@example.com
WHAT THIRD PARTIES ARE WE REQUIRED TO SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
Please note, not everyone on this list will be applicable to you.
- Deep Blue Systems LTD
- KTM Sportmotorcycle UK LTD
- Suzuki GB PLC
- Honda UK
- Yamaha Motor Europe N.V Branch UK
- Vital Software LTD
- The Rocket Science Group LLC T/A Mailchimp
- Media Links Online
- The SEO Works LTD
- Black Horse LTD
- Santander UK PLC
- Direct Select (192) LTD T/A UK Changes
- Motonovo Finance – FirstRand Bank London Branch
- Close Brothers Group PLC.
- Contact Training and Consultancy Limited T/A Contact Online
- Bluechip Data Systems LTD
DO WE KEEP OR SHARE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION?
No. It's only used to process your payment at the time of purchase.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to provide Services, support your Product and fulfil transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different Products or Services, actual retention periods can vary significantly.
HOW IS INFORMATION STORED AND SECURED ON OUR SERVERS?
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal data you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities. For more information on this, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT?
If you have any questions about the use of your personal information, please send us an email to email@example.com